The Festival’s main event is a creative writing contest.
The contest is divided into two streams:
- CHILDREN & YOUTH STREAM, open to Italian language students age 8 to 16. Compositions can be on any subject, and we encourage teachers to propose a theme linked to class activities. We will evaluate works based on the author’s age, and we will assign two prizes:
- Best Poem 8-11 years old. First Prize: an online Italian course at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver, BC.
- Best Poem 12-16 years old. First Prize: an online Italian course at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver, BC.
- ADULT STREAM, open to authors 17 years old and up. This section follows the Fest’s theme, “avvicinamenti.” We will assign two prizes in this section.
- Best Poem by a Beginner to Intermediate Student (levels A1 to B2). First Prize: an online Italian course at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver, BC.
- Best Poem by an advanced or native speaker (levels C1 and up). First Prize: a subscription to the Devoto-Oli digital vocabulary.
We will accept compositions on Word or PDF no longer than one page and 11 pt as minimum font size.
To submit your work, please download and fill the submission form [2 pages] and submit it together with your work at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will accept compositions submitted until April 11, 2021.
A jury will evaluate the works, and we will publish shortlisted ones on the Festival’s website. We will assign prizes during the Festival’s closing event on May 15, 2021.
Please Note: The contest jury reserves its right not to assign prizes if they judge works as not in line with the Festival’s mission.